What We Believe About Children
WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT CHILDREN
· Children are a gift from God and should be handled with love and care.
· Children are important in the
· Christ has called children to follow him and children can be equipped to serve Christ and others.
· Children deserve a safe, positive, nurturing and age appropriate learning environment that is free of fear, pressure to "grow up", or prejudice.
· That ministry is not just "to" children but “with” children. We learn from children as we teach them.
· That God has appointed parents as the primary religious instructors of their children and the church's role is to assist in the cooperative effort of that task.
· Successful ministry is the shared responsibility of children, ministry staff & volunteers, parents and the church body.
· Positive self-worth promotes both personal growth and growth in a relationship with God.
· Ministry should be creative, innovative and in touch with the children and families of our community.
· We depend on God for the spiritual gifts he has given us, realizing that it is his ministry and not ours.
· Relational ministry is best served with adults who serve as positive role models to the child.